PARTY LIKE A JERSEY HOUSEWIFE!
Family favorites from TV's newest domestic divas
"We're big advocates of celebrating life, okay?" says event planner Caroline Manzo, who, with her sister Dina and three pals, stars in Bravo's hit reality show. Here is their guide to adding a little bada-bing to a get-together.
DRINK & SNACKFOR $4 PER PERSON
CAROLINE'S TOMATO BRUSCHETTA鈥?1 loaf Italian bread鈥?2 tbsp. olive oil鈥?2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped鈥?2 tbsp. basil, chopped鈥?Ground black pepper鈥?1 clove garlic, chopped鈥?戮 tsp. kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 350掳. Slice bread diagonally into 陆-inch pieces. Brush with olive oil. Season with salt and GGDB Sale pepper.
2. Place sliced Italian bread on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
3. Combine tomatoes, basil, pepper, garlic, olive oil and salt in a medium-size bowl. Mix gently to combine. Serve on top of toasted bread slices.
DINA'S BLUEBERRY LEMON BELLINI鈥?8 oz. fresh or frozen blueberries鈥?Up to 录 cup simple syrup (To make simple syrup, mix 1 cup sugar with 1 cup water; heat until sugar is melted. Cool.)鈥?Juice of 陆 lemon鈥?24-oz. bottle of Prosecco
1. Blend the blueberries, lemon juice and syrup in a blender. Puree.
2. Strain blueberry puree. Put two tbsp. in bottom of each glass.
3. Fill glass with chilled Prosecco and (if desired) garnish with lemon slice, mint and blueberries.
See Caroline, Dina and the gang on The Real Housewives of New Jersey, airing Tuesdays at 10 p.m. on Bravo
PING-PONG IS HOT AGAIN!
Table tennis fan Susan Sarandon explains why the classic sport is bouncing back
Susan Sarandon is so into Ping-Pong, this month she's opening her own club (Spin NYC) devoted to the game. "It's fast, fun, inexpensive and it's almost impossible to get hurt," she says. And Sarandon's not the only star picking up a paddle. Her fiercest competition? "George Clooney and Ed Norton."
鈥?It's fun for the whole family"Ping-Pong transcends gender and age," she says. "Thirteen-year-old http://www.goldengoosestar.com/ girls can beat 35-year-old men."
鈥?It keeps you on your toes"I find it's better for sharpness of mind than crossword puzzles."
鈥?Remember the two P's"Patience and practice."
STIGA ULTRA TABLE TENNIS RACQUET$39.98; walmart.com
NITTAKU 3-STAR PREMIUM TABLE TENNIS BALLS$25.95 per dozen; paddlepalace.com
STIGA AEROTECH TABLENormally $529.99, this table is $295 for PEOPLE readers at paddlepalace.com
Kim Myles ...IT'S TRENDY BEING GREEN
The HGTV host suggests a fresh new hue for kitchens.
Catch Kim on her interior decorating show Myles of Style, Fridays at 10 p.m. on HGTV.
"Summer is a time of awakening," says Myles. "Bring vibrant colors into the house!"
CRATE & BARRELRio Plate, $6.95; crateandbarrel.com
Bright green accessories are instant mood lifters, says Myles. "It's visual candy."
KITCHENAIDTeakettle, $49.95; cooking.com
Celery-colored cookware "pops out like a jewel against a clean backdrop."
LE CREUSETKiwi Citrus Juicer, $25; lecreuset.com
ROWENTA FIRST CLASS TRAVEL IRON $49.99; rowentausa.com
Zac Picks Up Steam
Designer Zac Posen's fave clothes steamer? This mini Rowenta. "It's also good for an impromptu facial!" he says.
Rocco DiSpirito's ...LUNCH FOR FOUR UNDER $10The celebrity chef and cookbook author dishes up some toasted treats
HAM AND WHITE CHEDDAR MELTS WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA鈥?1 stick unsalted butter, softened鈥?8 slices rye bread鈥?陆 cup mayonnaise鈥?8 slices white cheddar cheese鈥?12 oz. boiled ham, sliced thin鈥?戮 cup store-bought pineapple salsa
1. Preheat toaster oven to medium low. Spread each slice of bread with 1 tbsp. of butter. Flip each slice over and spread other side with 1 tbsp. of mayonnaise.
2. Top 4 slices of bread (the buttered side) with one slice of cheddar, 录 of the ham and then divide the pineapple salsa among the four sandwiches. Lastly, top the salsa with one more slice of cheddar and the remaining slices of bread, mayo side down.
3. Toast sandwiches in toaster oven about 6 minutes, or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted. Slice in half and serve.
DiSpirito's latest cookbook, Rocco Gets Real, is in bookstores now
We Asked ...What's Your Favorite Ice Cream?
DONALD FAISON"Butter pecan."
EVA MENDES"A combo of rainbow sherbet and rocky road."
HENRY CAVILL"Pralines and cream."
LINDSAY PRICE"Chocolate chip cookie dough."
ROB THOMAS"I'm a cookies 'n' cream guy."
ESTELLE"Mint chocolate chip with chocolate fudge and caramel."
People DEAL 88垄
From May 27 to June 25, bring this coupon to your local Baskin-Robbins to get one regular Soft Serve Cone for only 88垄!
88垄 Regular (6 oz.) Soft Serve Cone. Limit one coupon per customer per visit. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Shop must retain coupon. No substitutions allowed. Void if copied or transferred and where prohibited or restricted by law. Consumer must pay applicable tax. Good only at U.S. participating stores. May not be combined with any other coupon, discount or promotion. Coupon may not be reproduced, copied, purchased, traded or sold. Internet distribution and resale strictly prohibited. Cash redemption value 陆0 of 1垄. Offer valid at participating Baskin-Robbins庐 locations. While supplies last. 漏 2009 BR IP Holder LLC. All rights reserved. PLU: 2393 Expires: 6/25/09