LOS ANGELES -- When Daymond Langkow beat Jonathan Quick on a breakaway and celebrated Phoenixs first lead in the Western Conference finals, captain Dustin Brown was almost curious how his Los Angeles Kings would respond to the first serious adversity theyve faced in weeks. Their answer told Brown that this unbelievable bunch of Kings is almost ready to play for the Stanley Cup. Anze Kopitar scored the tying breakaway goal just 2:07 later, Dwight King added the winner early in the third period and the Kings rolled to the brink of their first Stanley Cup final in 19 years with a 2-1 victory in Game 3 on Thursday night, taking a 3-0 lead in the West finals. Quick made 18 saves, and the eighth-seeded Kings improved to 11-1 in an undeniably charmed run through the NHL post-season by a franchise with 44 seasons of frustrating, Cup-free history. For the third straight series, the Wests final playoff team will play for a sweep in Game 4 on Sunday. "Phoenix was a lot better tonight, but we found a way to win," Brown said. "Thats what it takes this time of year. Its exciting. Theres a lot of guys in here that havent experienced this ... but the thing thats made this work is how were handling all this. Were up 3-0 again." Although the Kings trailed for the first time in nearly 18 periods since April 28, they bounced back swiftly before largely controlling the third period. King scored his fourth goal in three games against the Coyotes, who face a deficit only three teams have overcome in NHL playoff history. King connected 1:47 into the third, beating Mike Smith high to the glove side. The massive rookie scored two goals in the series opener and added the winner in Game 2. "Everybody is answering the challenge and being better," said King, who has outscored the Coyotes all by himself in the series. "Were playing good, playing consistent. With the way were going, were tough to beat right now." Smith stopped 26 shots in a standout performance for the third-seeded Coyotes, who must win four straight to reach their first Stanley Cup final in club history. "None of us planned on being in (a 3-0 hole)," Phoenix captain Shane Doan said. "I dont think its disbelief, but I think its disappointed." In front of a long-suffering crowd gratefully enjoying its unexpected good fortune after decades of disappointment, the Kings dominated the third period in front of Quick. They forechecked relentlessly in the final minutes, forcing Smith to play a long stretch without his goal stick because Phoenix couldnt clear the zone so he could retrieve it. The crowd soaked in another memorable performance during the best playoff run by this Second Six franchise since Wayne Gretzky and Luc Robitaille led Los Angeles to its only conference title in 1993, while the Coyotes wondered if their own remarkable post-season run has any chance of continuing beyond Sunday. "We want to play with a lead, but we didnt even have a chance," Phoenixs Mikkel Boedker said. "They got a breakaway and came right back. ... Theyre a good team, and we know that, but the series isnt over. We still have time to win it." Los Angeles largely dominated the first two games of the series in Glendale, outshooting the Coyotes 88-51 while winning by a combined 8-2. Phoenix had no more luck than Vancouver or St. Louis against the surprising No. 8 seeds, who finished two points behind the Pacific Division champion Coyotes in the regular season before steamrolling the Wests top two teams in a combined nine games. "Well take a couple of days here and rest up, and what have we got to lose?" Phoenix coach Dave Tippett asked. "Well come here and play as hard as we can. Well give a real honest evaluation of who we are and how we got here." Phoenix played Game 3 without forward Martin Hanzal, who served a one-game suspension for boarding Brown in Game 3. Doan, who escaped suspension for his own hit, took up the job of agitating Brown, facewashing the Kings high-scoring captain with his glove during one scrum. After Smith came up with several stellar saves during a scoreless first period, Keith Yandle slipped a long pass behind Mike Richards to Langkow, who beat Quick between the legs for his first goal of the post-season 1:03 into the second. Los Angeles hadnt trailed since the first period of Game 1 in its second-round series with St. Louis 19 days ago. Staples Center briefly fell silent, but reached full roar moments later when Brown found Kopitar with a long pass behind the Phoenix defence. The Slovenian star beat Smith with a backhand for his fifth goal of the playoffs. The teams were even in goals and shots heading to the third period, but King quickly put Los Angeles ahead with the latest impressive play of his incredible first NHL playoff run. Moments after Smith made a spectacular point-blank save on Stoll, King collected the puck during a delayed penalty and wired a high shot past Smiths glove into the top corner of the net. "What a shot, and an even better look on his face when he saw where it went," Stoll said. Tippett didnt love the call that created the delayed penalty. "If I told you what I really thought (about the officiating), I think it would cost me a lot of money," he said. Phoenix responded to its deficit with more physical play in Game 3, although keeping most of it within legal limits after the borderline goonery of the Game 2 blowout. The Coyotes inserted enforcer Paul Bissonnette into their lineup for the first time since Game 4 of the opening round. NOTES: The game was the first of six playoff contests in four days at Staples Center, where the NBAs Lakers and Clippers will host back-to-back second-round playoff games this weekend. The Tour of California -- the nations largest cycling race -- also finishes outside the arena about 30 minutes before the puck drops on Game 4 Sunday. ...Marc-Antoine Pouliot took Hanzals spot in the Coyotes lineup, and Bissonnette replaced Gilbert Brule. D Adrian Aucoin has missed the entire series with an injury. ... The Kings have won seven straight road games, and they stuck with coach Darryl Sutters scheme to keep the road vibe at home by staying in a hotel across the street from Staples Center on Wednesday night. ... USC QB Matt Barkley attended the game. Wholesale NFL Jerseys.J. -- New York Giants tight end Jake Ballard tore his left anterior cruciate ligament during the second half of the Super Bowl, the team announced on Tuesday. jerseys from china.Y. -- Even before John Tavares became the new captain of the New York Islanders, he developed a knack for netting game-winning goals. http://www.cheapjerseysfootball.com/.J. -- A terrible start doomed the New Jersey Devils last season when they missed the playoffs for the first time since 1995-96. Wholesale Jerseys. A disciplinary panel ruled that a regular three-match ban for violent conduct was "clearly insufficient" and added seven games to the suspension, which rules Suarez out for the rest of the campaign and for the first six matches of next season. cheap nfl jerseys free shipping. Warriors coach Mark Jackson wasnt going to let that happen. The Rockets settled for tying an NBA record and set a franchise mark with 23 3-pointers in a 140-109 win over the Warriors.TORONTO - Its almost like a recurring nightmare for Toronto FC goalkeeper Milos Kocic. For two straight games hes seen his team build two-goal leads only to have the defence around him dissolve in the final 20 minutes, leaving him virtually on his own. Chris Tierney scored in second half-stoppage time to complete a New England Revolution comeback on Saturday and force a 2-2 draw on at BMO Field. "Whatever I do, it doesnt matter I guess. Its frustrating," said Kocic. "I see other goalkeepers in the league make one save and the game ends 1-0 or 2-0. Whatever I do, it doesnt matter." The Revolution (5-7-3) scored twice in the final 20 minutes with a goal by Blake Brettschneider and then Tierneys equalizer on virtually the last play of the game. If it wasnt for some fine saves by Kocic in the second half, Toronto wouldnt even have earned a point. For most of the first half, Kocic was a spectator as his team controlled the play but it all changed after halftime and the last 20 minutes in particular. Similarities between Saturdays draw and Wednesdays 3-3 draw in Houston against the Dynamo were easy to see as TFC blew a two-goal lead in much the same way. In both games Torontos opponents scored with just under 20 minutes remaining and then added the equalizer in the final seconds of the game. For a team as starved for points as TFC, its four points thrown away. "I think (New England) scored in the same minute that Houston did," said Danny Koevermans, who scored just over three minutes in for Toronto. "I dont know what it is. Well see next game. Maybe we can do it then." First-half goals from Koevermans and Ryan Johnson were wasted by TFC (1-10-2). The sense that the game was far from over in the second half was evident, much as it was against Houston. Torontos back four on Saturday was a young one with Jeremy Hall the eldest at just 23 years old. After the match, TFCs head coach Paul Mariner admitted that the defensive line likely needs to be addressed before the teams next match. He also said that three games in eight days may have caught up to his team and helped in their second-half disappearing act. The result leaves Mariner without a win in three games since taking over coaching duties from Aron Winter. "I think we were running on fumes at the endd -- a long road trip, three games in seven days," said Mariner, saying his team will refocus for yet another game on Wednesday in Montreal.dddddddddddd. "Its MLS, isnt it? We just couldnt hold out." Both Toronto goals came from headers inside the 18-yard box on pinpoint crosses from the left side by defender and Canadian international Ashtone Morgan. It was a dream start for Toronto as Morgans left-sided cross was perfectly met by Koevermans, who muscled out New England defender A.J. Soares to flick the ball into the goal three minutes in. "From the warm-up I was feeling my crosses were looking really good," said Morgan, who was named Torontos man of the match. "Just doing what I do best just to get the feels and get my balls in and we got two goals out of it." It was almost an identical delivery from Morgan that created Torontos second goal right before half. Once again, a well-delivered cross from Morgan went to the right place in the New England penalty area. This time, however, Koevermans missed the header but an unmarked Johnson had the wide-open net to head the ball into from about six yards out. Right before the half, Kocic looked sharp when he dove to his left to push away a header from Revolution defender Stephen McCarthy. Kocic was eventually undone in the 71st minute when, after diving to his right to parry a Revolution shot from outside the 18-yard box, he was left helpless as substitute Brettschneider strolled in all alone, picked up the rebound and slotted the ball in. New England continued to press but it looked as though Toronto would escape with the victory. However, Tierney got a head to Florian Lechners cross, leaving Toronto players and fans stunned. The game ended seconds after play resumed. "If I can come to something Im trying my best to come out for every cross I can but Im not a Superman to come on every cross and we have to fight and have to be responsible for the runners in the box," said Kocic. "I told them that before we started but its coming back at us over and over again. I hope well learn one day." Notes: Announced attendance at BMO Field was 18,877. ... Luis Silva, who was one of three TFC players arrested in Houston prior to the draw with the Dynamo, was a second half substitute for Toronto. ' ' '